The foundation programme is specifically-designed to prepare students with SPM/ GCE ‘O’ Levels or equivalent qualifications for furthering their studies in the business disciplines. It is an pre-degree route for those who do not wish to take the traditional STPM or GCE A-Levels.
The programme introduces students to the world of business with an initial grounding in the ‘building blocks’, management skills and knowledge. The academic knowledge and practical skills gained at this stage firmly springboard the students into the next level of learning in BSc (Hons) Accounting & Finance; BA (Hons) Marketing; BA (Hons) Business Management; BA (Hons) Accounting, all conducted at KBU.
This 3-semester foundation programme is fully accredited by Agensi Kelayakan Malaysia or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- Duration: 1 year (3 semesters) at KBU
- Entry Requirements: 5 relevant credits in SPM or GCE ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications
- Intake: January, April & July
- Business Mathematics
- Information Technology in Practice
- Principles of Accounting 1
- Principles of Economics 1
- English 1
- Business Communication
- People in Organisations
- Principles of Accounting 2
- Principles of Economics 2
- English 2
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Business Statistics
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A / B
- Pengajian Islam / Pendidikan Moral
- Pengajian Malaysia
*All local students are required to take 3 MQA Compulsory Subjects that include Bahasa Kebangsaan A, Malaysian Studies, and Islamic Studies (for Muslims) or Moral education (for non-Muslims). Malaysian students are required by MQA to pass all these 3 subjects to qualify for their awards. MQA Compulsory Subjects are optional for all International Students