KPT/JPS (A5000) 1/14
This is a modular programme and assessment is based on coursework involving a wide range of individual and group projects, presentation, 2D and 3D image generation and modeling, essays, seminars, and a written dissertation. Various activities that include field trips and site visits, as well as a series of guest lectures by prominent members of design profession, are also organized.
- Duration: 3 years at KBU International College
- Entry requirements: Foundation in Arts & Design or UEC (art & design stream) or equivalent qualifications OR STPM/ A-Levels/ Diploma in relevant studies with appropriate art portfolio will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Intake: January and August (Year 1); September ( Year 2)
Interior design companies, architecture firms, furniture manufacturer, lighting design consultant, exhibition design consultant, exhibition designer and set designers and retail designers
- AD Design Studio 1
- Design Communication
- Technical Studies 1
- nterior Architecture in Context 1
The Year 1 modules are designed to familiarize students with the principles of design relating to architecture and interiors. The students will be introduced to design function and principles in the development of a vocabulary for the interpretation of form and space. The modules will also encourage the development and application of the fundamental design skills.
- IAD Design Studio 2
- Professional Studies
- Technical Studies 2
- nterior Architecture in Context 2
The Year 2 modules promote creative design exploration through inspiring projects set in increasingly complex contexts whilst encouraging further development and refinement of the skills learned in the first year of study.
- IAD Design Studio 3
- Technical Studies 3
- Research Project
Students will be assisted in identifying appropriate work placement opportunities which are then secured through a process of application and competitive interview.
The final year is student-centered. It encourages the students to undertake a synthesized research and a design project defined by students and agreed by tutors at the start of the academic year. Within this context, students will be able to develop their own design briefs and strategies to which they respond creatively through an integrated design proposal.
- All Malaysian and International students are required to take 5 MPU compulsory subjects.