KBU International College (KBU) is a private higher education institution established in 1990 by the First Nationwide Group, owner and developer of the 1000 acres fully integrated township/commercial district of Bandar Utama. KBU has a purpose-designed, fully equipped campus with sports and recreational facilities, and located on a 13-acre site within Bandar Utama. Students at KBU will, therefore, receive a holistic education.
The main objective of KBU is to provide higher education opportunities to young Malaysians and foreign nationals in a wide range of academic and professional fields such as Engineering, Computing/ICT/Software Engineering, Hospitality & Tourism, Business and Art & Design. Quality education is the hallmark of KBU with the intended outcome of producing highly employable graduates in a knowledge-based economy.
In line with KBU’s mission of providing Quality Education and achieving a high level of employability of its graduates, the College collaborates with, and franchises Honours degree programmes from well-established universities in the United Kingdom, as well as professional bodies and established examination bodies. The UK degree programmes are conducted under the 3+0 mode.
Quality education at KBU is further underpinned by the college’s compliance with the requirements of the Agensi Kelayakan Malaysia or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and the constant monitoring carried out by the College’s very own Quality Assurance Department and KBU’s foreign university partners.
To be a premier private higher education institution offering multidiscipline quality programmes at Certificate, Diploma, Degree and Postgraduate levels to both local and international students.
To provide the highest standard of tertiary education in a national and international context.
To offer quality holistic education and training that produce graduates with the following qualities and capabilities:
- Academic excellence
- Confident with high self-esteem
- Responsible and caring members of society
- Global citizens
Board of Governors
The management of KBU is guided by an esteemed Board of Governors whose members are highly distinguished:
- YBhg Tan Sri Dato’ (Dr) Teo Soo Cheng PSM, JSM, SMS – Chairman
- YBhg Tan Sri Dato’ Ir. Mohd. Jalaluddin bin Zainuddin BSc (Wales), P.Eng, FIE (M)
- YBhg Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Dr Yahaya bin Ibrahim PSM, DSA, DPMP, JSM, DJN, Ph.D
- YM Dr Raja Lope bin Raja Shahrome BA, MA, PhD
- YBhg Dato’ Ir. (Dr) Teo Chiang Kok BSc (Eng), MSc, P.Eng
- YBhg Professor Dato’ (Dr) Teo Chiang Liang BA (Hons), MSc.
- YBhg Dato’ Ir. Teo Chiang Hong BSc (Eng), MBA (Finance), P.Eng
KBU Academic Advisory Board
The Board of Governors is assisted by KBU Academic Advisory Board whose members are high calibre professionals in various disciplines.
- Academician Prof Emeritus Dr Yong Hoi Sen BSc, Ph.D, FASc, JMN
Professor Emeritus (Genetics & Zoology), University Malaya; Foundation Fellow of the Academy of Sciences Malaysia; Merdeka Award 2010 for “Outstanding Scholastic Achievement”
- Mrs Jane Ho BA (Interior Design)
Founder / Principal Designer of Pereka MNC; Past President of Malaysian Society of Interior Designers; Interior Design Award 2009 “Professional Category”
- Mr Toh Kim Chye KMN, BSc
Past Chairman of Persatuan Industri Komputer Malaysia (PIKOM); Chairman of the Expert Group on IT Development Strategies; Chairman of the Expert Group on Telecommunications & Data Policy; Member of National Information Technology Council; Director, Asia Oceania Computing Industries Association
- Dr T.P. Chia BA, MA, MPA, Ed.D, Ph.D
Founder / Director of Dr Chia’s English Centre, Kuala Lumpur
Dr Steve Clark
Principal Lecturer and International Development Officer of Nottingham Trent University, UK
KBU Senior Management Team
- Chief Executive: Prof. Dato’ (Dr) Teo Chiang Liang BA (Hons), MSc, Hon DBA
- Principal: Dr See Hoon Peow LLB. (Hons), M. Phil, PhD.
- Deputy Principal: Mr Liew Wai Fan BSc (Hons), PG Dip. Ed.
- Registrar: Mr Chiu Hong Choy, BCom (NZ), ACA (NZ), FAIA (UK)
- Bursar: Mr Lim Yew Hong FCCA, MIA
- Quality Assurance Director: Ms Wendy Wong BA (Hons), PG Dip.